- Posted by admin
- On April 11, 2017
- 0 Comments
System Evaluation | RFP’s By LabMetrics Will Lay the Foundation For Automation and Improved LIS / LIMS Selection Processes
LabMetrics has developed a set of proprietary tools and methods to perform in-depth system evaluations aimed at improving laboratory automation and providing robust LIS / LIMS technology advice.
Our associates are some of the best in the business and can walk your organization through the complex and highly technical steps needed to evaluate the effectiveness of your LIS / LIMS architecture and give you key insights on how to create the kind of metrics that will enable your organization to achieve more efficient automation and increase lab revenues.
LabMetrics will work with your organizations evaluation tools and requirements, or can custom tailor a toolset and comprehensive requirements list from our extensive database ensuring critical feature gaps are not omitted. In addition, LabMetrics provides complete financial modeling and comparative analysis and will tease out the subtle nuances that open source tools and non-technical firms struggle to provide – often these subtleties can tell a completely different story if not addressed.
The following is an example of our most popular system evaluation and selection process that clients contract with us for:
- Educate and gain leadership support
- Manage all vendor contact and coordination during the process
- Develop list of vendors based on requirements
- Through on-site interviews and our proprietary databases, build a comprehensive list of detailed business and technical requirement
- LabMetrics can use clients requirements and/or blend with our extensive database of requirements
- LabMetrics will work with the clients evaluation toolset, or preferably use our proprietary balanced score card to ensure key features are not overlooked
- Conduct the detailed, evidence-based, formal request for proposal (RFP) process
- The requirements and structured RFP process will tease out and identify functionality gaps including the very subtle gaps
- LabMetrics expertise includes detailed financial analysis of each vendors RFP proposal
- Each vendor proposal is carefully evaluated & scored including detailed cost pro forma which clearly identifies each cost component
- Cost savings can be linked to workflow improvements as part of the analysis
- Develop and present the final report of findings to leadership
- Used to assist making an informed, educated decision on selecting a primary vendor
- After a primary vendor has been selected, an important next step is vendor due diligence
- Reference checks
- Site visits
- Detailed configuration and design white board sessions, etc.
- LabMetrics’ assists organizations with this pre-contracting essential step, helping to arrive at the appropriate detail needed to develop final pricing and contract language
- Hand held, mobile phlebotomy and specimen collection
- Future functionality / modules – AP, sub-specialties, outreach, billing, etc.
- Reporting requirements
- Workflow improvements
- LabMetrics can also assist or conduct the vendor contracting phase, often saving clients significant hard and soft dollars.
Let LabMetrics do all of the heavy lifting, having successfully navigated these waters to provide tremendous value. Contact us today to find out how a LabMetrics system evaluation can help you streamline your core automated processes and develop metrics that will empower your strategic decision making.