Business Intelligence and Benchmarking
What is LIMS Software? How Do I Get the Most From My Data?
Today’s laboratories and medical testing facilities are steeped in data, and advancing technology promises even larger pools of data. “Big data” is becoming the big buzzword, but as exciting as the prospect of robust data is, the key question becomes how to best organize and analyze large data sets to get meaningful information.
Meaningful analysis and use of data can help give an organization a critical edge over competitors:
- Interoperable data rather than integrated systems
- Data vetting (valid and trustworthy data)
- Increased quality control (results vs. standards)
- Measure, identify, and project quality, performance, and business metrics
- Accurate comparisons to competition
- Personalized medicine / theranostics, informatics, and cloud-based solutions
- Data driven staffing and compensation